Join the team at Enzian
Enzian is a unique movie-going experience. As Central Florida’s only full-time, non-for-profit alternative cinema cafe, Enzian exists to entertain, inspire, educate, and connect the community through film. Along with first-run independent features, Enzian offers a variety of special events, such as the nationally-recognized Florida Film Festival. Enzian and Eden bar are full service, fast paced, high volume restaurants that are in need of seasoned and professional staff members. If you are looking for a team environment that is family oriented, come join our team. We only consider mature applicants that desire to work to the best of their ability because they want to, not because they have to. If you have a fun personality, and enjoy fast paced work with a great team, apply today!
These positions will be filled quickly. Come to Enzian and fill out an application in person.
Enzian: 1300 S. Orlando Ave, Maitland, FL 32751
We are currently seeking an experienced Event Coordinator to manage Enzian Theater’s small and large events. The Event Coordinator will have the responsibility of managing events both on and off site whether for the organization or for a rental client. The Event Coordinator also develops and coordinates special events which are part of Enzian’s annual calendar and the Florida Film Festival, the purposes of which can vary but include generating funds, education, attendance and / or increased membership, volunteers and / or clients for the organization.
A successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously, understands the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients. Responsibilities for the Event Coordinator include meeting with clients and internal staff to plan event details, conduct walkthroughs of the event space, prepare food menus, book entertainment/speakers, manage/oversee staff and ensure property cleanup. The Event Coordinator also creates event proposals for prospective clients. Reports to the Director of Operations & Finance.
EVENT COORDINATOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans event aspects, such as venue selection, seating arrangements, catering needs, guest/attendance list.
- Coordinates event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers.
- Coordinates event vendors including food, beer, wine, liquor and other event vendor activations
- Coordinates intake of vendor applications and vendor set up information; creating custom event layouts
- Responsible for working within budgets while planning event specifications.
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner and creating comprehensive and applicable financial information as needed.
- Manages all facility rentals and all aspects needed for a successful event for the client.
- Conducts internal reviews after events to determine their success and recommend improvements
- Acts as official point of contact internally and externally for all event logistical and operational needs, start to finish
- Manages and oversees events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors and managing take-down.
- Communicates with marketing team to create effective advertisements for Enzian events.
- Works with Development Coordinator to solicit donations and vendor participation.
- Works with Programming Director to adhere to film compliance rules.
- Works with Technical Manager to ensure all event technical needs are met for all events on-site and off-site.
- Works with Food & Beverage Manager and Kitchen Manager to coordinate staff and all catering needs.
- Anticipates and plans for possible different scenarios. i.e. Rain back up plans
- Possesses strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to client and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY CANDIDATE QUALITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Degree in event planning or marketing preferred.
- Previous event planning experience required.
- Team management experience.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to lift or move objects over 50lbs.
- Food and Beverage experience preferred.
SIMILAR JOB TITLES:
- Event Coordinators
- Event Managers
- Event Management
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note “Events Coordinator” in the subject line. Applicants being considered for this role will be contacted via e-mail to schedule and interview. No phone calls please
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING ABILITIES/TRAITS TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Reliable transportation
- Passion for stellar customer service
- Ability to physically move quickly and efficiently while managing an inflexible timeline
- Be punctual
- Be able to pass a background check
- Be able to work well in a team dynamic while maintaining a professional demeanor with staff and guests alike
- Take direction well
- Be self-driven and take stress with ease and grace
- Work all major holidays
- Be willing and able to work all 10 days consecutively of the Florida Film Festival, held in April every year
Please do not apply if you do not meet the above mentioned qualities. We are looking for applicants who are looking for a long-term position. If you have seasonal availability, or already know you will not be able to keep this position for two years, please do not apply. Enzian is a unique environment, that requires professionals and dedicated staff members.